Monday 5 October 2015

DRAWING DEVELOPMENT

Initially inspired by Ashley Goldberg and Jackson Pollock, meant that I produced textured drawings using layers of acrylic paint onto pre prepared surfaces. The drawings didn't contain enough depth, it would be more effective to produce 'beautiful' collages, to represent the decay and broken colours. To do this I deconstructed and rearranged drawings, to influence embroidery techniques.  
Collage from previous drawings.
During tutorial it was discussed that my practice, is representative of constructive embroidery. Due to this my research developed into fabric manipulation and working with dissolvable materials to create my own fabric. I explored the artist Marit Fujiwara, she uses threads to draw onto materials, creating interesting surfaces with movement that develop their own personality.
Understanding that drawings should come after sampling for me has been a massive development this week, discovering that I can use fabrics and threads to draw with. Drawings should be of samples to help reproduce ideas.

Marit Fujiwara - Wedding Dress

No comments:

Post a Comment