Thursday 3 December 2015

DEVELOPMENTS

Further developing drawings into collages and repeat prints, explored a varied surface for me to work with, and processing these prints into digital fabric and experimenting with transfer printing successfully enabled me to produce optical illusions when embroidered ontop of.


Producing illusional drawings from gouache and acetate to allow layering helped to develop my ideas into stitch techniques. A restrictive colour palette of eight colours entailed using technique and skills to create a more versitile reponse to optical illusions meaning the restriction of colour made the chance of illusion higher.

Inspiration for all of this came from Wallace & Sewell and Japanese Op Art.
Wallace & Sewell design woven poducts, for interiors and fashion, using their construct techniques as inspiration to produce my drawings and adding the stitch to enable my fabric to connote woven materials.
Japanese Optical Art inspired the circles and how to fill them with stitch, using spirals with a varied stitch length and changing the direction of the stitch fill, using a shiny madeira thread enhanced the illusions.

My samples are mainly being produced on the ETHOS software as it easily translates my ideas into optical illusions. Creating my own stitches on the software allowed me to reduce and enlarge; the pitch size, the 'packing' stitch, composition, scale and layering. This software has allowed me to produce effective samples quickly as ideas can easily be manipulated.




No comments:

Post a Comment