Thursday 10 December 2015

PRESENTATION FEEDBACK & VISUALISATIONS

Gathering feedback from my presentation,  I decided to aim for a product to sample towards within interiors. For me this was a bespoke armchair. Creating initial design ideas helped to progess with placement of embroidery and the depth of layering, choosing sterdy materials like cotton canvas as an upholstery material.


Artists such as Collier Campbell were suggested for me to explore as my own work is similar and could help towards reviving the Campbell company. I also explored the work of Jennifer Taylor, her interior furniture designs are classical and contemporary all at the same time, aspiring to this I created my own designs combining the market research I found and the high end quality that I aspire to. 


It was also suggested to keep the simple stripes and checks as a base pattern, using embroidery to add the detail and texture. The experimentation would be within the scale, composition and choice of machine and stitch. I further want to explore layering my embroidery designs more, creating a sample that is more dense in some places than others.
I have also this week experimented with weight of material, using a 'Cotton Organza', to help me visulaise a double sided sample, due to the transparency of the fabric - this also opened my eyes into fashion fabrics. 




No comments:

Post a Comment