Tuesday 12 January 2016

TUTORIAL & EXPLORATIONS

After discussing my Michael Kidner work in my tutorial, it was decided to carry on progessing with samples and using my self initated project to develop my work and experiment with techniques to push contextual boundaries.

Using Paul Smith as a contextual influence as his designs are manipulated into many different products, from cars, to bottled water. The versatility in the stripe designs allows his work to appeal to a wider audience. Some of his designs feature quite natural colours, greys and browns - this helps to calm down the colour in his work for a less intense effect.
Paul Smith - Original Stripe Design (Material)


Continuing with the use of stripes in my own samples, I will further experiment with weights of thread onto printed bases. Using Ombre threads to create a hand-made persona, and exploring set stitches on the Pfaff machine to quickly stitch a simple pattern.  Again experimenting with materials, I will use lightweight and heavy weight fabrics to viualise context, changing the texture and thickness of threads to experiment with the optical effect.

Also experimenting with the scale of my own stitches on the Ethos Software, ever changing the composition to sitch a textural fabric with an all over embroidered pattern, that depending on the material choice, could become double sided.

No comments:

Post a Comment