Wednesday 20 January 2016

SELF INITIATED & CONTEXT

Aspiring towards a project where context isn't an issue was what I wanted to aim towards for my self initiated brief. Wanting to develop a body of samples alongside my Michael Kidner brief that would fit a varied context as a product of sample choices, whilst using various artist influences. Developing on my sketchbook work around inspiration of Paul Smith and translating this into fabrics and illusions was enjoyable as it meant my samples entailed a more playful element.


With my self initiated brief evolving from Michael Kidner, I kept the colour palette the same. But with new artist influences, such as; Paul Smith, Margo Selby and Josef Albers, I took away the specific colour structure and instead mixed the colours in a random order to enable more movement of the eye across the fabric sample.
My self initiated brief also included fabric exploration, choosing various surfaces to embellish. This included woven, upholstery, fashion and sheer fabrics. Using the same technique on the ETHOS software to repeat and develop samples on a larger scale. This enticed me into exploring a context where I make the fabric to sell elsewhere for another fashion/interior designer to construct a product with.

 

Experimenting with Striped Denim and Colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment