Sunday 6 March 2016

LONDON OVERVIEW

Visiting the Flowers East Gallery provided a strong visual of the exhibiton space, allowing me to understand the maximum scale that I should work to.
I could sense that my originally pitched idea would rapidly develop into something more suitable for the gallery space and in fitting with the other students work.
Deciding on sets of canvases all the same length but different in width, with stretched samples over to be refelctive of my refined and restrictive striped samples; was more fitting with the gallery and accepted all round by the Kidner family.

The Tate archive of Kidner's work was interesting due to the intensity of colour and breadth of medium used - similar to that of my own. My future intentions are to produce a sketchbook that develops the relationships of colour through pattern; working with coloured embroidery onto a greyscale neutral ground.

Kidner's sketches.

Collating fabric swatches from Berwick Street material shops, allowed me to visualise how various compositions and pairings of fabrics sit with each other. Understanding the effectiveness of my canvases without stitch. 



No comments:

Post a Comment