Sunday 13 March 2016

SKETCHBOOK


Using initial inspiration from the Tibor Reich exhibition I visited at the Whitworth, I started to produce a new sketchbook based on the relationships that colours have with each other. Inroducing more patterns and processes to drawings.


Tibor Reich ¦ Whitworth Art Gallery


Sketchbook
                                                     
Visiting the Josef and Anni Albers exhibition at the 'Stephen Friedman' gallery allowed me to understand that processing work and decomposing drawings and samples developed more inspiration.
Controlling my digital drawings the same way that I did on the Practice unit but using different drawings initially created more illusions and broken lines that replicate stitch.

Photoshop drawing.

Continuing also with the idea of making embroidered samples to appear like weaves, I started to  decompose my digital drawings and restructure them manually with the use of weave, trying different patterns.
The effect of this was relative to my previous keywords; spot, stripe and check. Before sampling designs I translated these paper weaves into yarn wrappings, extracting colours and controlling proportions and compositions.

Sketchbook ¦ Yarn Wraps ¦ Weave













1 comment: