Monday 26 October 2015

BRADFORD PRESENTATION: FEEDBACK

Feedback from the Bradford presentation was crucial to help me with the developments of my practice work and research.

After displaying my samples and explaining my concpet of 'Ideals of Beauty', and creating a surface with personlity and movement using stitch techniques, it was suggested to me that I explore construct techniques. With connotations of Knit and Weave, my samples consist of linear structures and exploration of colour through yarn wrappings. I will aim to develop colour mixing through the use of print and threads, experminenting with printing techniques and successful layering of embroidery. 
Another technique to consider is 'Floating', this is a more dense technique for colour mixing threads.

Missoni | Rosita Missoni: designer | Husky 100 plaid throw | Wool | Deflected double weave | Italy | 2013 

Anne Wilson 'Walk the Warp' was suggested to me to explore "...referencing hand-woven West African cloth and commercially woven French beach stripes.". Taking inspiration from this, aspiring to combine weave processes to create embroidery samples; creating a warp with threads that won't work on the domestic Bernina and colour mixing on a hank, making it easier to lay threads down creating a surface that connotes yarn wrappings.
Anne Wilson 'Walk the Warp', Houston, 2010


 

No comments:

Post a Comment