Monday 19 October 2015

FINAL SAMPLES

After realising that my most accomplished samples were those that refelcted my yarn wrappings, I started to finalise my ideas for the Bradford brief by focusing on colour. Thinking of ways to tanslate my yarn wrappings into samples, with embroidery techniques that create 'beautiful, movement'.

To visualise yarn wrappings as material - Firstly, I experimented with scale by photocopying the wrappings.
Using transfer printing to translate the photocopies onto fabric. I chose White PVC (represents the ticket card background on yarn wrappings, and sheen of photocopies); this only needed to be under the heat press for six seconds, and when you look carefully there is a slight ribbed pattern to the PVC which created an unexpected 'knitted' texture. Due to the PVC being a thin material, it is supple, which communicates 'movement' and can create 'beautiful' effects when stitched onto.


PVC Transfer Print; Using Yarn Wrapping - Ribbed Effect.
I used Hairpinning, to continue extracting colours, as some of the threads that were included in my yarn wrappings aren't suitable for the domestic Bernina. This was a successful technique, as the loose threads create movement, and shadows. This will be my final sample for the Bradford brief because I can visualise development- drawing from loose threads and trying to understand constructive techniques that I can use to embroider onto dissolvable, with further contextual research as to where I visualise my work.

Final Sample.

No comments:

Post a Comment