Monday 2 November 2015

DRAWING DEVELOPMENT

Due to the research that I have already produced into my practice work, I feel that the Michael Kidner brief best fits my aspirations as a live project.

Kidner uses the concept that "Space is a constant movement", keeping with the ideal of beauty and how it can be translated through movement and the use of stitch I want to further explore how colour combinations and an optical effect can be created by colour choice and placement.

Strips is a series by Gerhard Richter, examining his previous paintings and condensing them into stripes. I processed my yarn wrappings in a similar way on Illustrator to create an optical effect. Effectively these drawings could be digitally printed and further embroidered into using domestic techniques to optify.


No comments:

Post a Comment